supowski: Google Funs (and Sucks)

20070511

Google Funs (and Sucks)

I will start with Google Sucks. About a week ago, personalized Google homepage became empty. I don't use it a lot now (because of the second suck), but anyway. I was afraid that I loose some of my data there. After couple of days it comes back, also with all the data, but you know, there will be still some small goblin of fear in me.

Another Google Suck is that Gmail skin in Firefox doesn't work well. This is maybe not the Suck of Google team, but the person that wrote this extension, but anyway. This extension has been very relevant argument in my switching to Firefox (from Opera) and it worked great. But before a couple of moths one of the best features stopped to work. With this feature you can see your first column of Google homepage directly in your Gmail. Yes, it appear also now, but the whole Google homepage appears there and it is too narrow to see anything reasonable. I'm really waiting for solving this, because Gmail skin is great extension. And of course Gmail it self is great email client.

And now for Funs. Maybe you know about them because they are known for longer time. But I know about them only for couple of weeks so maybe you are also so out as me :)

This year I want to travel for a month and one possibility where to go was the US coast-to-coast trip. When you go Google maps , change to Get directions tab and try to find a direction from Prague to NY you get a nice result. First 20 steps is about how to get out of Prague :) and than E50 (you can stop there as many German tourists) and so on... Check step 50.

Second, and last Fun for today, is about basic Google service: search. Try to search 'she invented' and check how Google search helps you with 'Did you mean:' feature...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home